What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

SDP backdating

Hello I am new to this forum but hope someone else has been in this situation and could offer me some guidance?
i have recently gone onto my state pension ( full pension) and was previously on ESA and PIP and I have just found out that I should have been receiving SDP since my PIP was awarded (April 2017j) as I met all the criteria.
does anyone know if I can still claim this back now that my esa has stopped and my pension started
thanks

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    Hi,

Yes, you'll need to contact DWP. Just so you know, the SDP can now be claimed through pension credit, if you still meet the criteria.  https://www.gov.uk/pension-credit

Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,653 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @shamac, great to have you here. If there is anything else we can do to help then please do let us know! :)
    Scope

• shamacshamac Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks for the reply poppy-I’m actually on full pension so don’t think I can get pension credit ? can I?
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    The entitlement to SDP will increase the amount of pension credit you can claim, so you could potentially be entitled to it. SDP is £65.85 per week, my advice is you need to apply.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.