SDP backdating — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SDP backdating

Options
shamac
shamac Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello I am new to this forum but hope someone else has been in this situation and could offer me some guidance?
i have recently gone onto my state pension ( full pension) and was previously on ESA and PIP and I have just found out that I should have been receiving SDP since my PIP was awarded (April 2017j) as I met all the criteria.
does anyone know if I can still claim this back now that my esa has stopped and my pension started
thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,981 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi,

Yes, you'll need to contact DWP. Just so you know, the SDP can now be claimed through pension credit, if you still meet the criteria.  https://www.gov.uk/pension-credit

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @shamac, great to have you here. If there is anything else we can do to help then please do let us know! :)
    Scope

• shamac
    shamac Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for the reply poppy-I’m actually on full pension so don’t think I can get pension credit ? can I?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The entitlement to SDP will increase the amount of pension credit you can claim, so you could potentially be entitled to it. SDP is £65.85 per week, my advice is you need to apply.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.