Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
my doctor is refusing to give me anymore pain relief and antidepressants.
Honestly I'm at my wits end with all this.
I don't know if its because pip contacted him. But he wont give me anymore medication? Is this allowed? I mentioned last time I was there that my friend said I had similar symptoms to her husband who has fibro. So I asked if he could test That too while I'm having tests on my legs and back. Then when I went back last week n he said he's not giving me any more pain relief or antidepressants until my blood results come back!
I used to self medicate with alcohol about 6 years ago after my mother passed away n just refused to get help until it almost killed me. I feel like I'm drowning!
What can I do? Xx
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.