help benefits and work capability assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

help benefits and work capability assessment

loucie
loucie Community member Posts: 5 Connected
edited November 2019 in Work and employment
What is a what is a work capability assessment? I've never been offered one.
im on universal credit but off sick & still getting about £73 a week. Would I have been better off on ESA?  Is sickness benefit 90 a week?
i may get a job of 16 hours a week but how would that eff t universal credit?  It's very hard to live on universal credit. Are there any other duabikity benefits or is it just the pip?
thank you

Comments

• Joanne_Alumni
    Joanne_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 188 Pioneering
    Hi @loucie,

I think that most of your questions have been answered on your other posts.

If you are sick and unable to work or look for a job, you can ask for a work capability assessment through your UC work coach. You would be sent a form called a UC50 and would have to fill that in and then go for a face to face assessment. You would also need to send in sick notes. If you are then found to have limited capability for work you are either put in the Limited Capability for Work group or something called the Limited Capability for Work Related Activity Group (LCWRA). If you are in the second one you do not have to look for work and you get paid an extra amount of UC.

As I explained on your other post, your UC would be reduced by 63p for every £1 that you earn if you decide to take a job. You also still be expected to look for more hours. This is at the discretion of your job coach.

PIP is the only disability benefit that you could claim.

You mentioned sickness benefit and I am not sure what you mean by this? Statutory Sick Pay from an employer is £94.25 per week. If you are employed and off sick this is paid from the third day of sickness and can be paid for up to 28 weeks. 

I hope this answers you questions but please let us know if we can be of any further help.
    Joanne 
    Scope
  • loucie
    loucie Community member Posts: 5 Connected
    Thank you for your message. This really helps .  ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @loucie! If there anything else we can do then please do let us know. :)
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @loucie and a warm welcome to the community. I'm glad Joanne's message has helped. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anymore we can do! :smiley:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.