Making friends at school. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Making friends at school.

Options
2»

Comments

• KittyTinker
    KittyTinker Community member Posts: 79 Pioneering
    Options
    Thanks Chloe I’ll read those and make a list of things he can try. On a good note though today the upper 6th boys asked if he wanted to go for a Christmas drink on Friday night. Luckily he doesn’t drink alcohol but he thinks he’ll go for a coke. Cheers all and merry Christmas. X
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Aw I hope it has a great time going out for a drink @KittyTinker!! Merry Christmas to you and your family. :)
    Scope

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @KittyTinker
                              How has your week been? How did your son's drink go with the upper sixth boys last night- I hope that he had a great time. Please pass on my best wishes and a Merry Christmas to your son and the rest of your family- I hope that you all have a wonderful time. Thank you
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @Udosdottir
                              How are you? How is your son? I just wanted to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas, I hope you have a wonderful time. Thank you. 
  • KittyTinker
    Options
    Hi thank you for asking. In the end the night out all fell through but he wasn’t too disappointed. It’s all progress and he is very tired at the end of term. Have a lovely Christmas all and I will let you know how the next debate goes in the new year. 
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @KittyTinker
                             How are you? How was your Christmas? I hope you all had a wonderful time. I am pleased to hear the progress is ongoing and look forward to hearing how the debate goes in the new year. Take care, best wishes and thank you. 
  • KittyTinker
    Options
    Hi WestHam06 happy new year all good here thanks. My boys start back at school on Monday. How was your Christmas and new year? 
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @KittyTinker
                               How are you? How was your Christmas and New Year? I had a lovely Christmas and New Year, thank you. Are your children looking forward to going back to school? Does your son have any mock exams coming up? Thanks
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @KittyTinker
                              How are you? How is your son? How is the debate team getting on? I hope all is well with you and your family. Thank you.
  • KittyTinker
    Options
    Hi WestHam06 sorry I haven’t been on line for a while my mum in law has been unwell and I’ve been busy helping out. He had the second debate on Tuesday it went really well but unfortunately it went even better for the other team. However we take comfort from the fact this is his schools first time and the other school are regulars and as my boy is lower 6th so he can try again next year. The friends he has made in debating are lovely boys who have similar interests so things are going really well thanks for asking. 
    How are you? 
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @KittyTinker
                               I am sorry to hear your mum-in-law has been unwell and I hope things are starting to improve for her. I am pleased to hear that the debate was a positive experience and that your son can try again next year. I am also pleased to hear that the friendships he has made through the debating club are developing, that is great news. If there is anything in the future you feel that we can support with then please do just get in touch. Sending you and your family best wishes. I am ok thank you for asking. Take care.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your mum-in-law, how are things at the moment?

Really glad things are going well at school though @KittyTinker
    Scope

• KittyTinker
    Options
    Thanks Chloe she is doing OK she has COPD so this time of the year is always full of ups and downs for her but we are very close and help out where we can. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.