Student project! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Student project!

Options
ciara_231
ciara_231 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi everyone!
My name is Ciara and I am currently a 2nd year Undergraduate student at Imperial College London, studying Biomedical Engineering. As part of my degree this year, I am working on a design project with a small group of students on my course to develop a rehabilitation device for children with cerebral palsy. I am posting since I would really appreciate a greater insight into cerebral palsy if any of you could be so kind as to share some experiences/answer a few questions I have!

I was wondering firstly what kind of exercises/rehabilitation is available to children/adults to help improve muscle spasticity and strength in the legs?
How often do you undergo rehabilitation/carry out exercises every week? How long does it usually take to see/measure noticeable improvements?
Are there any exercises/devices you have come across that have particularly helped you?

Thank you so much in advance for your time, and if you have any places/contacts where you'd think I could gather more information from people with this condition, please let me know! Currently I've been calling lots of centre but not getting much help :(
Best wishes
Ciara

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.