Student project! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Student project!

ciara_231
ciara_231 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi everyone!
My name is Ciara and I am currently a 2nd year Undergraduate student at Imperial College London, studying Biomedical Engineering. As part of my degree this year, I am working on a design project with a small group of students on my course to develop a rehabilitation device for children with cerebral palsy. I am posting since I would really appreciate a greater insight into cerebral palsy if any of you could be so kind as to share some experiences/answer a few questions I have!

I was wondering firstly what kind of exercises/rehabilitation is available to children/adults to help improve muscle spasticity and strength in the legs?
How often do you undergo rehabilitation/carry out exercises every week? How long does it usually take to see/measure noticeable improvements?
Are there any exercises/devices you have come across that have particularly helped you?

Thank you so much in advance for your time, and if you have any places/contacts where you'd think I could gather more information from people with this condition, please let me know! Currently I've been calling lots of centre but not getting much help :(
Best wishes
Ciara

Comments

Brightness