Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


saffey Member Posts: 2 Listener
Can anyone tell me why my son who was born with autisam microcephaly and prada willy registerd green card at birth he now has developed a problem with his heart and chronic asmatic and now pips want him to go for an assesmant


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,573 Disability Gamechanger

    Most people have to attend a face to face assessment when claiming PIP, whether it's at home or at an assessment centre. It's rare to have a paper based assessment.

    As @Chobbly has advised, a letter from his GP is needed if requesting a home assessment and it will need to state the reasons why he can't attend the assessment centre. However, if he attends other appointments then it could go against him.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,557 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @saffey, I understand your frustrations here and hopefully you will be given a home assessment. Please do let us know how you get on and if there is anything else we can do to help!


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.