Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

saffey
saffey Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Can anyone tell me why my son who was born with autisam microcephaly and prada willy registerd green card at birth he now has developed a problem with his heart and chronic asmatic and now pips want him to go for an assesmant

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Most people have to attend a face to face assessment when claiming PIP, whether it's at home or at an assessment centre. It's rare to have a paper based assessment.

As @Chobbly has advised, a letter from his GP is needed if requesting a home assessment and it will need to state the reasons why he can't attend the assessment centre. However, if he attends other appointments then it could go against him.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @saffey, I understand your frustrations here and hopefully you will be given a home assessment. Please do let us know how you get on and if there is anything else we can do to help!
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.