Any advice about what to do - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any advice about what to do

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    You have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR, which should be put in writing.

If it does go to Tribunal and you're awarded a higher rate, then yes it's backdated to the date your payments stopped, for your previous award.

If it gets to Tribunal and your successfully awarded a higher rate then this will overrule the decision made by DWP which means there won't be a review next time, it will be the same process as you done this time. You'll be contacted 14 weeks before the award is due to end.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • clare_1
    clare_1 Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    That makes alot of sense to me now.

I would have to go back through new claim. Frustrating but could have been left with no points at all, so must see this as a positive beacuse I know lot of people are having to deal with the no points.

Thank you so much for your help and knowledge. You really do help with putting my mind at rest.

I will of course keep posted of outcome for the tribunal. That will be in a years time lol and I'm sure you would have helped loads more people in that time.

Thank you once again
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    If you haven't requested a copy of the assessment report, it will be worth requesting this ASAP BUT if you do ask for this when you receive it if there's any lies or contradictions in that report told by the HCP you need to ignore them for the MR and Tribunal.

They won't be interested in any of those. They will only be interested in where and why you think you should have scored those points. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you will also help, when writing the MR letter.

I'm glad i helped put your mind at rest and i hope that you will be one of those 18% who's decision is changed at MR stage. I also agree with what you said, at least right now you have an award in place so you'll have some money in the meantime. I know you're not happy with the decision but if it gets to Tribunal then as you already know they are more understanding. As you've been here before you will know what to expect.

If you need more advice in the meantime, just shout and i'm sure myself or someone else will be happy to advise you further.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.