PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip

tinka1992tinka1992 Member Posts: 97 Connected
So in under mental health but was talking to my cpn nurse she said one day I will get discharge as mental health serves have changed now but I am worried will I lose my pip as my worker said not to worry but i cant help but worry they only keep u on for so long now any advice please dont think i could go through pip assessment again and the appeals ps my pip doesnt run out till 2023 

Replies

• tinka1992tinka1992 Member Posts: 97 Connected
    Also she said when it does come down to it i can self refer my self If I get really bad again not discharge yet but I'm doing all my councling ect but that isn't for life
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If you were discharged by the mental health team in the future then this should not affect any future PIP reviews. Just because a person doesn't receive any treatment or support it doesn't mean their condition has changed or improved. 2023 is a long way off, try not to worry too much about that right now, easier said than done i know.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,437 Disability Gamechanger
    You only need to tell the PIP if you have a change of circumstances in this case if your mental health improves, as this doesn't seem to be the case and you can self refer if needed and you are still having counselling then there is no reason that I can see that would mean your PIP ending.
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • tinka1992tinka1992 Member Posts: 97 Connected
    I think I worry because i had to apeal it  but i know somebody who has pip and hasn't at mental health serves for long time not discharge yet but we all no mental health serves isn't for life they only help u for so long now then u have to refer your self back or bye gp nothing changes mental health is for life but I have good days and bad it just depends but I do worry that soon will come along again 
Sign in or join us to comment.