orthotics shoe alterations — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

orthotics shoe alterations

WhileIBreathIHope
WhileIBreathIHope Posts: 216 Pioneering
I'm a bit lost I had my feet mouldings taken, that will then be cast and scanned?

Also I have two pairs of shoes steel toe cap ones I hate-but would like to keep my toes for work and a going out pair can I get both of these done and what am I liable to have to pay? I have a prescription payment certificate- will this cover it or will it cost hundreds I haven't got.

Secondly when the shoes wear out can I get the adjustments out like a normal inner sole or are the glued in and does it cost to swap.

Sorry for all the questions, but I didn't feel comfortable asking today

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    My son had a appointment months ago to see his foot consultant at our local hospital.After the foot is measured and shoes have been ordered, I always ask for a second fashionable pair in case. It should not cost you much. I was like you at the very first appointment. I did not know what to ask and I was confused too. What type of shoes do you prefer to wear? 

I recommend asking the doctor if this is possible or not. Alternatively you can also order special needs shoes from this company via their website https://www.orthoticshop.com/
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    It may depend what type of alteration you need.  I do have a bit of experience with a thicker sole adaption.  It's glued on so non transferable.  And takes about 2 weeks between drop off and collection.

Y
    ou can have one per year for free but have to pay for another within that 12 months, I can't remember the cost though.
  • WhileIBreathIHope
    WhileIBreathIHope Posts: 216 Pioneering
    I have work boots I hate with a passion but must wear for work
    And some light slip on one's. 
    Thanks for replying, could I work this in as PPE as work boot alteration?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.