orthotics shoe alterations — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

orthotics shoe alterations

Options
WhileIBreathIHope
WhileIBreathIHope Posts: 216 Pioneering
I'm a bit lost I had my feet mouldings taken, that will then be cast and scanned?

Also I have two pairs of shoes steel toe cap ones I hate-but would like to keep my toes for work and a going out pair can I get both of these done and what am I liable to have to pay? I have a prescription payment certificate- will this cover it or will it cost hundreds I haven't got.

Secondly when the shoes wear out can I get the adjustments out like a normal inner sole or are the glued in and does it cost to swap.

Sorry for all the questions, but I didn't feel comfortable asking today

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My son had a appointment months ago to see his foot consultant at our local hospital.After the foot is measured and shoes have been ordered, I always ask for a second fashionable pair in case. It should not cost you much. I was like you at the very first appointment. I did not know what to ask and I was confused too. What type of shoes do you prefer to wear? 

I recommend asking the doctor if this is possible or not. Alternatively you can also order special needs shoes from this company via their website https://www.orthoticshop.com/
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It may depend what type of alteration you need.  I do have a bit of experience with a thicker sole adaption.  It's glued on so non transferable.  And takes about 2 weeks between drop off and collection.

Y
    ou can have one per year for free but have to pay for another within that 12 months, I can't remember the cost though.
  • WhileIBreathIHope
    WhileIBreathIHope Posts: 216 Pioneering
    Options
    I have work boots I hate with a passion but must wear for work
    And some light slip on one's. 
    Thanks for replying, could I work this in as PPE as work boot alteration?

Brightness