Mental health issues
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Need a counsellor

caz50caz50 Member Posts: 28 Courageous
O need a counsellor as I'm falling apart and having ptsd

Replies

• chiariedschiarieds Member Posts: 7,995 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @caz50 Sorry to read you're in a such a bad place right now. Thank you so much for posting & reaching out; please know this very supportive community will do all they can to help. I will ask one of our members @thespiceman to see if he can help you as he has a great understanding.
  • caz50caz50 Member Posts: 28 Courageous
    Thank you.  Yes I'm definitely not in good place and at stage where I dont go out and my past makes me worse.

Hi @caz50 I hope you get some advice in the morning; please know you're no longer alone....this community will do it's best to help you. Take care.
  • thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @caz50   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for @chiarieds mentioning me.

I am one of the community champions. I have mental illness my self.

Please can I advise look at these links.

These are for mental health charities ones I used before.

I would consider these because they can help with a lot of the problems you are coping with.

Also look at everything else. Benefits any housing issues or anything additional you may be struggling with.

Only problems some of the links might not be in all areas.

I would also speak to your GP who has a range of solutions and advice to help you.

These are the links.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org.

Last one is an advocate charity helps you gets doors open support you if you have any problems with Doctors or any thing such as Medical Professionals speaks on your behalf with you in attendance.

With anything.

Used them a lot does help.

Please if I can help further. Need a chat always around on here. I am always supportive of our members. Have time and do listen.

I hope that gives you some reassurance and confidence .

Please take care and remember your not alone .

Happy to help.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • paffuto10paffuto10 Member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    Good morning @caz50 and welcome to the community. 

I hope you're feeling a bit better this morning and that you can manage to get some help from @thespiceman's links. 

I also have ptsd and it can be a lonely, scary illness at times. 
    But people on here will understand so keep posting if you are up to it. x
    Hello @paffuto10   Good morning to you hope your well keeping safe and warm.

Thank you for mentioning me very much appreciated.

Please can I ask is there anything I can help with?

I added the above links does any of that help you. Just a thought.

I am always here and if I can be a supportive friend or you need to ask me anything. Even a chat.

Please get in touch have a lot of time to listen.

You do not have to be lonely.  I know this a difficult time this weather and the cold not helping.

Have a lot of advice, guidance and wealth of experience, knowledge regarding mental health.

Something to consider just saying.

Hope you have a lovely day.

Take care of your self your a valued important member of our community.

Your friend.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
    Morning @thespiceman :)

I'm ok thanks, plodding on ;)
    I have lovely hubby and my adult daughter is in the middle of moving to her own place so helping her is keeping me busy. 
    Can't help her physically but just emotional and practical support, etc. 

Also I am on waiting list for cbt and have meds so I am ok. 

Thankyou so much for asking, how are you faring? 
    Hello @paffuto10   Good morning thanks for reply. Thank you for asking.

For a Friday wow just trying to get motivated to start the day. I am on new meds.  Causing Insomnia some nights .

Found the NHS useful website.   Something to think about also.

Lots of information on there.

I used a lot of the organisations I suggested. They help with every thing diet, wellbeing, health . Have the knowledge the routine to sleep but sometimes these things happen do they not.

Use NHS website further advice and guidance.

Happy to hear you family supportive, do care and have concern that is important.

CBT wish you well for that. Please take it slowly and please can I add please do not get upset  with yourself or emotional if there are not any results at first.

I know it is a period of time you need to adjust.  If you think it is not working or being useful please say.  To your therapist. 

Please contact your GP or speak to us or me if I can suggest anything else.

I have a lot of admiration for every one who is going through struggles.

One other useful advice I arranged with my Doctor three months to six month review on anything. In fact they do this on meds, anything mental health.

Do think that is important.

I insisted on it, just in case.

Please if I can help with anything remember always here.

Keep in touch.

Your friend

@thespiceman  
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • April2018momApril2018mom Posts: 2,869 Member
    This is a useful guide on mental health services. It has some helpline contact numbers too. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/mental-health-helplines/

• Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @caz50, sorry you are finding things really tough at the moment. I hope today goes okay for you.
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
    I do need help and someone to talk to a.s.a.p I'm in a bad head space 
  • shadow66shadow66 Member Posts: 19 Connected

Hello @caz50

I am also new here and have depression, anxiety and ptsd. Sorry to read that you are in a bad headspace. What is happening for you at the moment? Will be around for a while if you want to offload.

Kind regards

Shadow66

Really sorry to hear this @caz50, you are a valuable part of the community. If you text shout to 85258 then a crisis volunteer will be in touch with you. Or you can ring Samaritans 116 123 and someone will be there to talk to.

If you are in immediate danger then please do ring 999. 
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    I was raped between 9 n 11 year old . Beaten then got pushed in to marriage at 16 by family then ex husband beat stabbed n strangled me n blamed me for my son dying he had meningitis.  My kids dont have anything to do with me and this month it my mums first anniversary of her death.  I have fibromyalgia tryed commit suicide twice years ago and only family I have lives in Antrim so I'm on my own and everything just wont stop going in my head
    No not in immediate danger  just want to talk thanks

That is indeed a lot to be dealing with all in one go inside your head @caz50

I’m really sorry to read that you went through all that. It is difficult when you don’t have family to go to when you need help.  Can I ask do you have any friends you can confide in? 

I can only vouch for the Samaritans service that @Chloe_scope mentioned, I haven’t used SHOUT myself. There are pros and cons for each. With Samaritans if you feel able to speak to someone on the phone that is an immediate source of support, they do offer an email and text service but these are not so quick and you will engage with a different volunteer each time. The benefit of SHOUT is that you can have a conversation with the same volunteer by text, although if they feel you are at immediate risk, they will alert emergency services.

Have you ever had any 1:1 counselling, is this something you would be able to consider?

Kind thoughts

Shadow66

@caz50, I am so sorry to hear this, you have experiences some awful trauma's and it must be extremely hard to carry with you for so long. Do you have support for your mental health? I'm concerned that you are really struggling at the moment.
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    I don't have any friends at all my sister is in Antrim I'm in lisburn so I have no one I'm trying to get moved to Antrim but I cant get housing association to help or understand why I need this move . I been through so much every day I keep reliving it all 
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,938

Scope community team

Hi @caz50. I cannot begin to tell you how sorry I am to read your messages. You have been through so much.

I'm not sure if you'd prefer to talk verbally or via text, but have you ever tried calling NAPAC's helpline? Unfortunately they're not open over the weekends, but you can call them on 0808 801 0331. Alternatively, CISters is available on 02380 338080.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help.
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
    @caz50

Hi again. I will be up until 2.00 am if you need to talk. 

Hope your head clears a little and that you can manage to get some sleep. 
    edited November 2019
    Hi @caz50 Like @puffuto10, I'm here also....please know you now have friends in this community. I'm incredibly saddened to read your story, however some can, in different ways, identify with this; myself included, in a part of the difficulties you face. Anytime you hope to talk someone here they will do so as soon as they can.
    I hope you are ok @caz50. Were you able to contact any crisis helplines yesterday?
    Don't forget we are here if you need to talk.
    Yes I was thank you but I prefer to talk to same person each time as I huge trust issues and takes me ages to explain things . But I agree with girl that I would be best to be closer to my sister in Antrim and have that support 24/7  but cant get transfer to where she is . People don't understand how mental health really effects people unless there people like on her who also live with it xx
    edited November 2019
    @caz50

So glad to hear from you again. 
    I hope your head is a little clearer today. 

You've been through such a lot and I can understand you wanting to talk to the same person each time. 
    There are many friendly people on here who understand mental health problems so you are always welcome. xx

Is there any possibility at all that your sister could come and visit you for a while? 
    No her son has severe autism so that not possible.  Everyone on here is amazing and so nice n understanding as you all are going through mental health issues also. Yes I been through hell and back and I live it every day I know I need help n support.  I also have fibromyalgia which is awful but my mental health is worse I think. 
    edited November 2019
    It's a shame your sister can't visit but understandable with her son.

My adult son also has severe autism, my daughter has borderline and I have ptsd so we're a right motley crew!   :p
    Daughter and me sometimes end up counselling each other with hubby supplying endless cups of tea  :)

Daughter also has fibro like yourself and yes, I think you're right, the mental ill health is worse. 

And yes, this place is amazing. I joined about 3 months ago, I only came for some advice for son's PIP and been here ever since!  :D

Did you manage to get some sleep last night, btw? 
    No I not slept in 2 nights I'm stressed out which gives me a flare up of fibromyalgia.  I been fighting pip with there decision and they nightmare.  Its good that you n your family understand each others situation and going by what I see my sister goes through with Jack it's hard so I'm sure it hard for you also . PTSD is an awful thing for you to go through. 
    Another person fighting for PIP then? 
    Just makes you feel worse, doesn't it? 

What stage are you at? (sorry if I've missed it) 
    And sorry you're not sleeping, my daughter is the same. If she knows she has to go somewhere the next day she doesn't sleep all night, poor lass. 
    I went for a face to face in July got told it pushed back as I not have my medical records so now I'm waiting again for another face to face its ridiculous I'm sure you understand that as well. 
    I feel for her fibromyalgia is awful because people can't see it then they just  judge you or say it's a lazy decease. 
    The whole thing is a nightmare isn't it? 
    Another face to face, that's weird isn't it? 
    Yes because you have to request your medical records as pip no longer does that .can I ask what is level 2 mean on here and something about 10
    I even was told that is it any wonder I'm still single as I lazy 
    edited November 2019
    I don't really know, caz. I was wondering that?  ;)
    I know you get badges for having a certain number of likes etc. 
    Lol its weird 
    Its good to talk to people who are dealing with mental health issues themselves as you all dont judge where as people who don't have it they just don't get it and what it does to people like us

You're right there, people just don't understand. 

You said you're single? Do you have any support at all? 
    Have to go for a while now caz. 
    Have a look round, there is a mental health section and fibro and advisors for PIP. 

Catch you later xx
    No I don't as my kids dont have anything to do with me when I left my ex 9yrs ago after my daughter moved out few days later I moved out my sister trys her best God love her but with jack it to hard for her my mum passed away a year on 21 this month I was there when she passed away and I been living with  seeing that every day. My friends left me as they stuck with my ex as they dont believe he did it to me . Rest my friends said I'm unreliable so no I honestly have no one I live on my own .
    Where can I find all that. Ok chat later and thank you 
    PS: Glad you are able to talk tonight. People were genuinely worried about you last night. 
    Later xx
    I was bit worried myself but site has helped.  Xx
    Sorry, not very good at giving info out  :)

If you look under "all groups" and "advisors" I think. 

@thespiceman and @poppy123456
    will hopefully come along if you get stuck.

Bye for now x

Bye for now xx
    Hello @caz50   Please can I ask did you contact any of the links provided in previous posts.

Sorry and apologise if I am just concerned for you been reading your posts.

I have had experience of past histories with abuse and physical issues.  after a long time. 

Have and did contact those who could help.

Please have you a support team have spoken to any one.

Just thinking can be beneficial.  

Please if I can help with anything.

Please get in touch we are here for you. Keep safe and warm.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
    Hi caz50, I don't have mental health issues, but @paffuto10 & later myself were both there should you have needed help last night. It does take time.. but, as far as the loss of your Mum goes, try to remember the good days you shared. I personally prefer to remember & celebrate the birthdays of my loved ones, rather than the date I lost them. My best wishes to you, & will be here for a little while.
    Hello again @chiarieds and @thespiceman :)

What a relief to see that caz was ok, wasn't it?  :)

@caz50

I'm sad to hear you don't see your children and that you've lost your mum too.  <3

You will find everyone on here kind and supportive and make new friends. 

I'm around until 2ish again if you need to talk xx
    @caz50

PS: hope you managed to find your way around the site a bit :)
    Also hope you manage to get some sleep tonight. 
    You must be exhausted! xx
    Site hard to get around it . I had few hours sleep but I'm so use to it now. If I had a good sleep I'd think I won the lottery lol. Xx
    @caz50

Morning  :)
    Glad you managed a few hours. 
    Daughter is the same, then when she does finally sleep she gets 24 hours!! 

Caz, I have busy day today, but will be back this evening. 

I will ask @thespiceman to help you move around the forum. 
    It's a bit confusing when you already have a lot going on inside your head isn't it? 

Hope you have as good a day as you can (I know it's difficult at the moment though) and I will see you later.
    Keep your chin up xx
  • pollyanna1052pollyanna1052 Member Posts: 1,998 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Caz, I`m just catching up with your post and it`s replies. So glad to read how much support you got. Are you under your GP and if so, cant help  with moving you to Antrim?

take care,
    love Pollxx

@poppy

That's ok, didn't know if I needed to do something else  :)

Thanks for coming to advise caz x

@poppy123456

Sorry, just put that message on wrong thread!! 
    What am I like?  :D

See all you guys later. 
    Lol no problem xx
    Caz, I've just got to do some washing up, then here the rest of the day. Will chat soon, x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Hi @caz50 I've been touch with Wellness in Mind in the area I live in for help, they have offered to help me get a referral to maybe secondary mental health care via my GP. I think I'll end up taking them up on the offer.

Do you have anything like that in the area you live in? (sorry not read all of the thread because my concentration and attention span or terrible).
    Hi Caz, I've just been looking around the site to see if I can help you; needed to write it down first.
    Right, if you scroll right to the top of this page, on the right hand side you will see the link 'All groups', if you click on that a new window opens & you will see different sections. Starting from the top you'll see 'Community chat' which includes a 'Coffee Lounge' where people talk about music, films, books & we play word games too.
    Scroll down & the next section is 'Disability benefits' in that one you'll see there's a part that is about PIP.
    Next there's 'Practical support & info.'
    Below that is 'Talk about specific conditions,' & that has one part about mental health.
    Below that is 'Talk to a community advisor' & that has a part 'Ask a mental health advisor' which is where this post of yours is.
    Again if you scroll back up to the top of the page, under the 'All groups' link is 'Recent discussions.' This is also a good link to try if you think you've lost this message, as you will see it on the left.

Thank you I will definitely check that out . You all are amazing and patient people and so genuine thank you to everyone xx
    It's a pleasure talking to you Caz, x
    @caz50

Hiya :) hope you're settling in a bit more now and finding your way around the site. 

I will be around until 2 am if you need a chat  :)
    Thank you I'm trying to get use to site xx
    well to be honest, I don't even know how you sent the message to my wall?  :D
    (thanks for that by the way) 

All I can do is post comments and that's about it!!  :p 
    Ah well I had a smart moment lol rarely happens lol.you know when you get message from me well if you click on my name takes you to my wall or  vice versa if I tap your name xx
    Oh ok, thanks  :)

How are you feeling tonight, any better? 
    Hi Caz; it's good to know you're trying to look around Scope's website, but you've worked out how to send messages. And I thank you for mine too.
    Will be here for you too as long as I can. Hope you may sleep a little better tonight knowing that we wish this for you too, x
    The site and you all have helped me more than you all know 
    That's great to know, caz. 
    That's what we all try to do on here, support each other. 
    Or in my case, talk everyone's head off!!  :p 

Hi @chiarieds
    What's the weather like where you are? 
    We're down south and it's freezing!! 

Where abouts are you from xx
  • nay1993nay1993 Member Posts: 20 Listener

Hi @caz50 I haven’t read all the thread as there is a lot of messages but I was scrolling through and came across your post and couldn’t ignore it. I myself suffer with mental health issues. I have been in dark places a few times then pulled myself out with all the strength I have left in me. You sound like a very strong person just like myself so don’t give up for yourself.  Ive added some numbers at the top of services that can help you. Hope this helps! 
    x
    I'm from Yorkshire originally and moved down to Devon about 18 years ago.

I see you're from Lisburn, where is that and what's it like?

Caz, if you look just below these comments under "recent discussions" there is a good thread called "I feel alone every day of my life" 

I think it was started by a lady who is grieving, which I feel you are, still grieving for your mum (amongst every thing else you've been through). 
    It's a big loss, losing your mum  <3
    If you feel up to it one day, you could join in there and might help you.
    You don't need to wait to be invited, just join in. 
    @chiarieds is there too I think. :)

But if you don't feel up to it that's fine, we are still here for you on this thread also. x
    Yes I'd definitely try it . I use to live in Yorkshire for few years then came back home . Lisburn is in northern Ireland beautiful countryside..xx
    Hi @nay1993

Sorry to hear you've been having it tough too. 

You're right, takes a lot of strength to pull yourself out of it. 

Great community here though, for friendly kind support. 
    @nay1993

Thanks for the info. Have to say though, in this area we haven't found Mind helpful. 
    Although I have heard in other areas they're really good. 

Suppose it's all down to funding? 
    @caz50

Nice to hear you have lovely countryside there. 
    We do too in Devon.  :)
    Never been to Northern Ireland. How far are you from your sister? (sorry if I've missed it) 
    @caz50

Off to bed now, caz. Hope you manage to get some sleep even it's only a few hours.

Chat tomorrow :)

(oh I do like my smiley faces, don't I?) 
    Probably getting on everyone's nerves!!! 

Night guys xx
    Lol you definitely do  :)
    Hi @caz50 & @paffuto10 - Sorry about not joining in last night. I lost my Internet connection & couldn't work out why! Hope you managed some rest last night Caz. It was very cold last night here too. I'm in North Yorkshire. I was born in Leeds; moved to Northumberland, then back here for the last 25 years. Speak later, x
    Hi @chiarieds

Isn't it frustrating when you lose your Internet? And when you think 20 years ago, we didn't even have it! 

When I tell son and daughter that we had no Internet, no mobile phones, no double glazing, no takeaway deliveries, outside loo and that my grandad worked in the coal mines from age 13, they say we're from the dark ages!!! 
     :D  :D  :D

We're originally from Hull and used to go to rugby league in Leeds.

We used to love the Yorkshire coast, Scarborough and Whitby. 

Down here we have the English Riviera which is lovely. You don't get the palm trees up in Yorkshire.  :p 

Chat again later chiarieds x
    @caz50

Morning, hope you got some sleep and feeling okay.  :)
    (here I go with the smiley faces again!) 

Whereabouts in Yorkshire did you live caz? 
    We lived in Hull, East Yorkshire.  
    @caz50

Hope you're ok, thinking of you. 

I'm here until 2.am as usual if you need to chat. 
    Or you could pm me. 

Hope you get some sleep xx
    edited November 2019
    Hi @caz50 have you had a hopefully better day? Just wanted to see how you are, if that's OK. Both @puffoto10 & I would both appreciate hearing from you, Caz, x Seems like paffuto10 & I were both posting about the same time & will be here for a while if you want to talk.
    @caz50

Hi Caz, just to let you know people are still thinking of you. 

Hope you are coping with the day and not feeling too bad. 

I'm going to bed now (had a rough night last night) but will be around tomorrow or next day. 

Others are here though, don't hesitate to come on and chat if you feel up to it x

Caz, I'm here if you want to chat from 8.30 this evening, x
    :) - doing a smiley face like puffuto!
    Sorry, Caz, I need to get some sleep right now. Please let us know how you are doing when you can. From me, & puffuto10 :)
    Morning @caz50, how are you doing today?

Thank you for your great support @paffuto10 and @chiarieds! Hope you both have a lovely day. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Hi @caz50 & @puffuto10 - Hope you've both had some refreshing sleep....must admit I needed the same last night.
    I'll be here for a while longer Caz, & know that both paffuto10 & I hold you in our thoughts, that's why I put in a smiley face for puffuto10 who was snoozing!
    It would be good to hear how you're doing Caz, x

Understand if you don't feel like talking @caz50

Come back when you're ready or pm me x
    Must have posted at same time as you then @chiarieds :)

@puffuto10 - We've posted at the same time again! Hope Caz knows we don't mind when, or how she gets in touch, but it would be great to hear from her.
    Don't worry @chiarieds

caz knows we're here, I'm sure she'll be ok.  :)
    Hi @Chloe_Scope

I see you're catching my smiley face bug too!    :p 
    Always @paffuto10! :wink: I'm sure Caz will message when they feel they can do. Thank you both of you for your concern and care.
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Thanks @Chloe_Scope :)

We all need to feel someone cares don't we? 

ps: there should be a badge for using lots of smiley faces. 
    I'm sure I'd do well!  :D
    Hi @caz50 & @puffuto10 - just checking in. Hope you've had some decent rest Caz. Will be here a little longer, x
    edited November 2019
    Morning
    @caz50 and @chiarieds :)

Phew, I went out like a light last night! 
    Taking antibiotics and strong painkillers for bladder infection, must have knocked me out! 
       x

@caz50

Just dropping by to say hope your weekend wasn't too bad and that you are coping. x
    edited November 2019
    @caz50 - Hi Caz, I'm also thinking about you with @paffuto10 who forgot her smiley face! :) x
    Hope you have all had a lovely week. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
Sign in or join us to comment.