Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome - where to go for treatment, therapy & what supplments maybe useful?
I have been recently diagnosed with it Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS). I'd like to know if anyone has received pain management services and therapy from either the Walton Centre and at the Royal National Hosptial for Rheumatic Diseases for Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), and what their experience of services and therapy has been like? I am based in London, and am willing to travel to get specialist help for CRPS. The CRPS has come about from having got medial tibial stress syndrome in my left lower leg earlier this year. Following physio exerices, things did not go well and then i was diagnosed with CRPS. This has spread to my lower back and my left shoulder and arm. I am now left without help on how to manage the pain and what therapy i should next do, as the wait to see the pain management specialists is around 2 months in london. I have also been discharged by the muskolotol physiotherapy team in london. I have started hydroptherapy myself just by walking up and down the pool this week. But i am unsure of what to watch out for and what i should not do. I have been told to stop taking ibroprufen since Oct 2019. After reading around online i have put myself on an anti-inflammatory diet as of 2 weeks ago to see if this would help. I also use Holland & Barratt's Extra Muscle Balm CBD and tub this on the afflicted areas, it seems to help alittle. Also, I'd like to know if anyone taken Magnesium supplements and what type of magnesium to help with CRPS? Or any other supplements those with CRPS have found successful for them?
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 759 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.