Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

When will element be awarded

suzy_sugar2005suzy_sugar2005 Member Posts: 61 Courageous
My assessment period is the 19th-18th. My sick note is 25th July. I was told today I have been awarded from that date so should I expect extra payment this month or next. So very confusing 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    You need to count 4 full assessment periods from that date. It will be this month.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • suzy_sugar2005suzy_sugar2005 Member Posts: 61 Courageous
    So they have counted my July assement period? 19th-18th august? 

UC is paid in arrears and there's 3 month waiting period. This means that the LCWRA will start after the 3 month waiting period but you won't receive it until the 4th month... November.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    can someone explain what this means on my journal. 

• Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,940 Scope community team
    Hello @suzy_sugar2005. It's just a record of when a health condition was reported. This is saying that on Wednesday 3rd July, you reported having a health condition that prevents you from working, and that you'd had this health condition since 18th March 2019. 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
    Thanks adrian. I'm not happy because apparently my first payment will be december. Literally 6 days late with evidence for the payment to start this month. Absolutely absurd 
  • mumelaine63mumelaine63 Member Posts: 33 Listener
    husband had assessment 10 weeks ago so yesterday he asked on his uc journal for a copy of report, as suggested on here , just been told as soon as they receive it back from the assessor they will send him a copy 
    Yes they wouldnt give me mine either until they had made a decision. Some wrong info on here and I think its simply because everyone is treated differently by DWP so no one can say what will happen with anyones case. DWP do as they please. Dismissing 3 weeks, taking longer than 13 weeks to make decision. They make me sick how they treat people 
    Yes they wouldnt give me mine either until they had made a decision. Some wrong info on here and I think its simply because everyone is treated differently by DWP so no one can say what will happen with anyones case. DWP do as they please. Dismissing 3 weeks, taking longer than 13 weeks to make decision. They make me sick how they treat people 
    You weren't given incorrect information here. If you live in the UK DWP do send copies of the report out before the decision is made. If they refuse then it's because the adviser you've spoken to has simply refused, just ring back and speak to a different person and chances are they will agree to send it.
    husband had assessment 10 weeks ago so yesterday he asked on his uc journal for a copy of report, as suggested on here , just been told as soon as they receive it back from the assessor they will send him a copy 
    Hi,

If your assessment was 10 weeks ago and DWP haven't received a copy of the report back yet then that's rather a long time. My advice is to ring the health assessment advisory service and ask what's happening with the report. It could have been chosen for audit, which can significantly delay returning it to DWP.
Sign in or join us to comment.