When will element be awarded — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When will element be awarded

suzy_sugar2005
suzy_sugar2005 Community member Posts: 61 Courageous
My assessment period is the 19th-18th. My sick note is 25th July. I was told today I have been awarded from that date so should I expect extra payment this month or next. So very confusing 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    You need to count 4 full assessment periods from that date. It will be this month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • suzy_sugar2005
    So they have counted my July assement period? 19th-18th august? 

• poppy123456
    UC is paid in arrears and there's 3 month waiting period. This means that the LCWRA will start after the 3 month waiting period but you won't receive it until the 4th month... November.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • suzy_sugar2005
    can someone explain what this means on my journal. 

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @suzy_sugar2005. It's just a record of when a health condition was reported. This is saying that on Wednesday 3rd July, you reported having a health condition that prevents you from working, and that you'd had this health condition since 18th March 2019. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • suzy_sugar2005
    Thanks adrian. I'm not happy because apparently my first payment will be december. Literally 6 days late with evidence for the payment to start this month. Absolutely absurd 
  • mumelaine63
    mumelaine63 Community member Posts: 35 Listener
    husband had assessment 10 weeks ago so yesterday he asked on his uc journal for a copy of report, as suggested on here , just been told as soon as they receive it back from the assessor they will send him a copy 
  • suzy_sugar2005
    Yes they wouldnt give me mine either until they had made a decision. Some wrong info on here and I think its simply because everyone is treated differently by DWP so no one can say what will happen with anyones case. DWP do as they please. Dismissing 3 weeks, taking longer than 13 weeks to make decision. They make me sick how they treat people 
  • poppy123456
    Yes they wouldnt give me mine either until they had made a decision. Some wrong info on here and I think its simply because everyone is treated differently by DWP so no one can say what will happen with anyones case. DWP do as they please. Dismissing 3 weeks, taking longer than 13 weeks to make decision. They make me sick how they treat people 
    You weren't given incorrect information here. If you live in the UK DWP do send copies of the report out before the decision is made. If they refuse then it's because the adviser you've spoken to has simply refused, just ring back and speak to a different person and chances are they will agree to send it.
  • poppy123456
    husband had assessment 10 weeks ago so yesterday he asked on his uc journal for a copy of report, as suggested on here , just been told as soon as they receive it back from the assessor they will send him a copy 
    Hi,

If your assessment was 10 weeks ago and DWP haven't received a copy of the report back yet then that's rather a long time. My advice is to ring the health assessment advisory service and ask what's happening with the report. It could have been chosen for audit, which can significantly delay returning it to DWP.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.