SEN/ EHCP examples help? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SEN/ EHCP examples help?

3Mamabear
3Mamabear Community member Posts: 17 Connected
edited November 2019 in Education
It's been over month since we got our sons diagnosis of mild spastic diplegia cp. Having given his pre school (s) the diagnosis letter we now want to get together to form a SEN/EHCP for him. I've had a look online and at the suggested links from Scopes page but I'm still struggling to think of things we may need to include or who I should be asking to have some input. 
I guess as he is still young I take for granted just how much help he requires. 
So far, I have that his condition affects his mobility and balance. He can walk short distances unaided but tires and then requires the use of a buggy to rest before he can continue walking again. His lack of balance and slow speed are more prominent on uneven surfaces. 
He may/will need more time to get around the classroom/school. The classroom should organised, as much as possible, with clear routes (avoiding trip hazards). 
He wears splints, which at present, he requires an adult to help put on/off as well as his shoes.
At present, needs help getting undressed/dressed to use toilet (accidents are a little more frequent).
He has been referred to SLT for a stutter. He will continue physiotherapy and we are currently awaiting a review of treatment. 

I feel like these are the important areas atm. Am I missing anything? Any suggestions would be really appreciated. 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.