Tips to getting employment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tips to getting employment

Options
traceyelder13
traceyelder13 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2019 in Work and employment
Hi
Can anyone help with tips to get a part time job?
Thank you

Comments

• Savlona
    Savlona Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    Options
    Try social media and your social circle to see who might be able to offer you something? Also, look at your skill set and try sending your CV on spec to local companies that might need your skills. Our local MP recently ran a jobs fair, so it may be worth getting in touch with yours to see if they might run something similar. Good luck x
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @traceyelder13 and welcome to the community! Is there a specific sector you would like to work in?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @traceyelder13

Have you tried Support to Work? There are many career pathway options. Do you have a CV or not? I suggest making a list of skills and goals as well. Also check newspapers to see if there are any job advertisements which may be suitable for you. Good luck! Buff up your resume in case. Prepare for some rejection. 
    Or look online at LinkedIn too. There are many job fairs all over Britain, find one near you and attend. What qualifications do you possess? My number one tip is to remain confident and hopeful. I do not really recommend Craigslist however. Have you done work experience? That can help boost your chances of finding work. 
    Be honest. What do you love doing in your spare time? Every month I read articles on women who have turned their hobby into a business. That is also a option worth looking at. I also think you need to start slow for now. Then build up. Use your friends etc. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @traceyelder13, how are you doing?

Here is a list of the employment services which Scope has.. I hope you find these beneficial.

Please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.