MR advice — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MR advice

darrell8268
darrell8268 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello, first time posting on here. 

I had my pip assessment in August and received a decision 2 weeks ago I scored 0 points on daily living and was awarded standard mobility. I requested the assessors report and it wasn’t full of lies that I thought but it contradicted itself a lot, says on one part I displayed very poor eye contact then says I displayed good eye contact. Another part says I answered all questions then another part says I didn’t answer questions as my partner answered them for me because I was distressed. Anyway I sent my mandatory reconsideration with supporting statements along with further medical evidence. I received a phone call from the decision maker yesterday saying they were looking at the decision again and would get back to me by the end of the day. They didn’t call so my partner called for me today. They said they have referred all the additional information back to the assessor who did my f2f. Has this happened to anyone else? Could anyone shed any light on why this might happen? 

Thank you :) 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, sending your information back to the assessor who did your assessment and expect him or her to remember any extra details except the assessment notes made on the day is a fantasy since two months has passed since your assessment. Put yourself in their shoes how would you respond?  The same outcome as they, you or I would, could only use the assessment notes to amend the award. Be interested to see what others think. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

This has happened to a few others that have posted here. It's not a good or a bad thing. All you can do is wait for a decision on that MR and if you're still not happy you'll have 1 month from that date to request the Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @darrell8268, how are you getting on? :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.