Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Lower back pain
Hello I’m new to this but would love some advice, this time last year I bent over and had 2 snaps in my lower back, never felt pain like it, I was of work for 6 weeks and was back and forth at doctors for painkillers, went to physio week later and went weekly for a couple of months to no avail, I wear a back brace, tens machine, heat pads, and take naproxen daily, I saw a osteopath who basically was saying it was in my mind! The last couple of months it got better and I stopped all painkillers and was so happy. 2 weeks ago I booked a massage and that night it really started to hurt and ever since it’s been so saw, I payed private for an mri scan which apparently was the best back he had seen all day! And just said it’s muscle related, I’m 44 and feel to young to have this pain already ?any suggestions would be much appreciated.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 761 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.