Hi, my name is Ruthiedoofy! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Ruthiedoofy!

Options
Ruthiedoofy
Ruthiedoofy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello 
I've joined this group for support. My husband has Aspergers and sometimes it is very difficult just to have a normal life. 
I want to support him but sometimes it's at the cost of my own mental health.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Ruthiedoofy and welcome to the community! You're not alone as some of our community members have been in a similar position as yourself. Have you spoken to tour GP regarding any emotional support?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Ruthiedoofy
    Ruthiedoofy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi Ami2301
    I'm not sure what they can do to help . I already take medication for depression.
    When my husband was officially diagnosed a few months ago I was given a few contacts for support but they haven't been that good in the way of support as everything that was available (groups etc) were all in the mornings but I work every morning so couldn't go.
    I've lived with this for many years and I had to work it out myself that there maybe a problem with my husband . I pushed for a diagnosis and we waited over 2 years for his appt. 
    It's very difficult because although to every one else I'm married ,its not like I have a husband at all. It's as if he just lives along side of me. It's quite lonely. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    I'm sorry @Ruthiedoofy. It sounds like you're struggling quite a bit and have hit a bit of a brick wall. It's a frustration of mine that so many support groups are on only during the mornings.
    Do you have any interests that might allow you to meet groups of people?
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.