What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Should I try for PIP and am i eligible ?

Hi folks, really stuck on where to go next. I had to sign myself off of ESA (WRAG) several months ago after my boyfriend who i live with received an inheritance. It wasn't a life changing sum and has been used on bills and starting up an at home printing business for him.
I've struggled with depression and anxiety for many years but getting help with counseling and other organisations, plus meds. I'm struggling financially, having to rely on family to help with food bills.

My partner only gives a few pounds here n there to buy food for him. But I have lost alot of my independence financially, I hardly go out due to money worries and am finding it more stressful day to day with arguments about money with the partner. I want to help with the bills, but I'm scared to work at the moment, knowing i've not had the experience or confidence to do it for a long time. I'm looking at PIP, as a UC claim will be joint with the partner and he doesn't want to lose his new business. 

Should i try for a PIP claim? I just don't know what to do from here. 


Sign in or join us to comment.