Working tax — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Working tax

sleepingplum
sleepingplum Community member Posts: 11 Connected
Just had a amended tax credit and since my dla has chafed to pip our money has gone down 30 pound a week because I am now on highest rate mobility standard daily living plus our council tax is sky high way to be kicked in the teeth for genuinely being disabled 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @sleepingplum   Thanks for you post. Sorry to hear this.

Please may I suggest speak to CAB. See if they can help you do a review of your benefits.

See what else your entitled to you.

I do have the following links may be helpful regarding money and managing.

Money Advice Service

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk.

Step change.

https://www.stepchange.org.

Please if I can help with anything further please get in touch.

I am one of the team of community champions on the forum, we help and advise members.

Pleasure to meet you.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm assuming you were claiming high rate care DLA and this would have entitled you to the severe disability element of working tax credits. As you're now claiming standard daily living you won't be entitled to the severe disability element of WTC. If you're working yourself then you will still be entitled to the disabled element but of course this is less money.

I'm afraid i can't help with the council tax reduction because all local councils have their own criteria for this and you'll need to contact them to make sure you're award is correct.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sleepingplum
    sleepingplum Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Hi poppy my circumstances changed after I had had my assessment. I woke one morning and found I was in so much pain it frightened me so phoned and told them and they told me I had qualified and to ask for a mandatory reconsideration but was told it would be drawn out and not successful but now I am told that I can’t prepare a meal but can use a microwave but having to use 2 crutches because I fall with one is impossible I think I need to know what happens if I report a change what I have to go through
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    @sleepingplum when did you change from DLA to PIP and when was the decision made on the PIP?

Sorry i'm confused, what did they tell you that you had qualified for?

Preparing a meal. Using a microwave or needing an aid is the same points and 2 would be score for either of them. You won't s score anymore points for needing both crutches because if you can reasonably use an aid, such as a perching stool then this is what you'll score points for. Carrying items around the kitchen is not part of the criteria for preparing a meal.

If assistance is needed then you need to prove that it wouldn't be safe for you to use an aid.

Having some understanding of the PIP descriptors and what they mean always helps. This is because it may not be possible to score the points you think you should score. Have a look at this link. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-independence-payment-assessment-guide-for-assessment-providers/pip-assessment-guide-part-2-the-assessment-criteria#daily-living-activities

If you can answer my above questions then i can help you further.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.