LWCA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LWCA

Options
Georgeb1992
Georgeb1992 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi sorry to jump on this old post but am really confused I've started a claim of uc back in July and stated my sick notes in August's I had my work assignment and they have accepted me to put me on LWCA I told off my advisor that I would be back dated my LWCA from the day I sent my sick note in Ive received my statement today and they have added my LWCA to it but no back pay I've rang them up and they said we don't owe you any money so am really am confused 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,189 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

I'm afraid you have been advised incorrectly. There's a 3 month waiting period for LCWRA, this means that you'll receive the extra money in the 4th complete assessment period from when you sent your first fit note. Based on that information i'm afraid there's no backdated money owed but the good news is you'll receive the extra £336 per month going forward.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.