Healthy living
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Using Slimming world or Weight Watchers as a wheelchair user

GarzaGarza Member Posts: 119 Pioneering
I am trying to lose weight and have been for many years, I wondered if there were any wheelchair users here who use either of the above groups? 

I have contacted them both and neither have any wheel on scales nationally which I think in this day and age is far from inclusive, especially for such a large and lucrative industry

My questions are 

Do you use the group and just not get weighed? 

Do you not use the group because you cant get weighed ? 

and finally 

if such a group existed which was inclusive would you attend? 

thanks for you  anticipated input

Replies

• April2018momApril2018mom Posts: 2,869 Member
    We are not members of any SW or WW group. I am naturally slim and my son and daughter are too little to be allowed to attend meetings I think. Possibly. 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I'm a community champion here on scope and i've been a member of Slimming World since 2016. Part of the reason for joining is that you weigh each week, so joining and not weighing isn't something i'd advise doing.

May i ask if you're able to stand at all? If you can then weighing just take a few seconds and then it's done.

I'm sorry but i've never been a member of weight watchers so can't advise on that.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • GarzaGarza Member Posts: 119 Pioneering
    HI,

I'm a community champion here on scope and i've been a member of Slimming World since 2016. Part of the reason for joining is that you weigh each week, so joining and not weighing isn't something i'd advise doing.

May i ask if you're able to stand at all? If you can then weighing just take a few seconds and then it's done.

I'm sorry but i've never been a member of weight watchers so can't advise on that.
    thanks for the reply, I am a paraplegic and a full time wheelchair user
Sign in or join us to comment.