Parents, carers and disabled parents
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.


Should local authority Contact automatically for yearly assessment?
yes I know I can chase or contact them: But it’s interesting to see they’ve not bothered 
to contact us since last assessment November last year?


  • pollyanna1052pollyanna1052 Member Posts: 1,998 Disability Gamechanger
    I take it you mean care assessment, yeh?

    Mine slipped up on this and didn't come near for a 3 year period. Then I asked for more help and they were all over it!

    No audits of my care fund were done for 4 years. I got in a muddle and blamed them. They wanted receipts for expenditure...I only had some.  I  misappropriated nothing.

    They made me go with an accountant.

    Maybe you could call them.

    They keep changing the rules. Gotta watch `em!
  • moonlightmoonlight Member Posts: 19 Connected
    Thanks  Pollyanna1052 for your answer,  Thought as much!
    they took away our daughter last year from being a paid helper 
    with no explanation! She does not live with us, as stated on (as most) 
    council websites ‘Family member cannot be paid if living with caree’
    even that rule is iffy as depends on circumstances as you won’t get care 
    agencies coming in the night! 
Sign in or join us to comment.