Work capability assessment/UC50 form — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Work capability assessment/UC50 form

RebeccaB80 Member Posts: 3 Listener
edited December 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Good morning :)
I'm looking for a bit of help or advice if ok.

Just a bit of background first:
I've been on Universal credit since February this year but was previously claiming child tax credis (married 3 kids) 

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and CFS back in January 2016 (after a long battle ?) since changing over to universal credit I've been providing them with fit notes since. I was due to attend a Work Capability Assessment back in May but I wasn't very well so I had to cancel it. Upon calling I was told I needed to reschedule and leave a message on my Journal explaining why I couldn't attend. I then received a reply saying they recieved my fit note they haf requested and that I didn't need to rebook .

Moving on to this week - I've had an appointment for a Work Capability Assessment ??‍♀️ I've been told I should have completed a UC50 prior to my appointment? I've never recieved one or filled one out.

I called the assessment centre who've told me that I need to call Universal credit themselves.

I've left 2 messages on my Journal. I'm currently on hold waiting to speak to someone as I write this...

Any help would be great. 

Thanks so much



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.