PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


ClairJones Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I've just joined this site and I am not sure what to do. I'm currently receiving PIP and my condition has worsened and my mobility has too. My rate dropped from enhanced to standard about a year ago although I didn't agree I didn't challenge it but I do think it needs looking at again now. What can I do and how long would this take? I do worry they may stop it completely but I have a neurological function disorder, anixety and bipolar. It is the NFD that has worsened. Can some please advise me. smile:  


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,253 Disability Gamechanger

    Reporting a change of circumstances means you'll be sent more forms to fill in and return with all your evidence. You'll most likely have to attend another face to face assessment because most people have them and you could lose everything you already have. Of course you could also be awarded a higher rate or the decision could remain the same award as you have now.

    It really depends on how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors and no one can tell you on an internet forum if you'll be entitled to a higher award.

    There's no timescales to waiting times for assessments or decisions. Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. If the worst does happen then your PIP will stop which could affect any other benefits you're claiming.

    I'd advise you to get some expert face to face advice before reporting any changes.

  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,545 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Charjones! I hope @poppy123456 has been able to answer your question. Please do let me know if you need anymore information. :)


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.