Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

LCWRA new claim

AWilson198911AWilson198911 Member Posts: 27 Listener
edited December 2019 in Universal Credit
hi everyone , I had my assessment yesterday , I was injured in January in a car crash , I couldn’t make the assessments that they made for me and closed my claim but I was sent another uc50 and made my appointment yesterday . Because my lcwra was closed in may will this go from January in when I claimed again ?

thanks 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If you were found fit for work after your previous assessment which was missed then this will be classed as a new claim.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • AWilson198911AWilson198911 Member Posts: 27 Listener
    Hi poppy , I wasn’t classed as fit for work as I didn’t have an assessment , I was unable to attend due to my injuries and not being able to leave the house 
    Why did they close your claim?
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • AWilson198911AWilson198911 Member Posts: 27 Listener
    Because I was unable to attend a centre based appointment due to my injuries but I did ask for a home assessment which they ignored 
    If your claim was closed then this will mean that there may have been gaps in your claim, if there was then this could affect any backdated money owed if the decision on your work capability assessment is LCWRA.
Sign in or join us to comment.