LCWRA new claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA new claim

AWilson198911
AWilson198911 Community member Posts: 27 Listener
edited December 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
hi everyone , I had my assessment yesterday , I was injured in January in a car crash , I couldn’t make the assessments that they made for me and closed my claim but I was sent another uc50 and made my appointment yesterday . Because my lcwra was closed in may will this go from January in when I claimed again ?

thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If you were found fit for work after your previous assessment which was missed then this will be classed as a new claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • AWilson198911
    Hi poppy , I wasn’t classed as fit for work as I didn’t have an assessment , I was unable to attend due to my injuries and not being able to leave the house 
  • poppy123456
    Why did they close your claim?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • AWilson198911
    Because I was unable to attend a centre based appointment due to my injuries but I did ask for a home assessment which they ignored 
  • poppy123456
    If your claim was closed then this will mean that there may have been gaps in your claim, if there was then this could affect any backdated money owed if the decision on your work capability assessment is LCWRA.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.