Stressed — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Stressed

Options
familywoods
familywoods Community member Posts: 4 Listener
At my tribunal   it was adjourned  because.
The doctor wanted more evidence. He already had quite a lot in regards to my chronic many illness. I was awarded high mobility but standard care. While on Dla I had enhanced mobility and care indefinite.  When I came out I was so stressed I signed and withdrew my appeal. I was wondering can I say I've changed my mind and reinstate it . On the one hand I'm glad it's over due to stress but on the other I'm thinking its so unfair and I want to fight it. I was also worried about losing the car because my mobility  is very bad.i can't stop going over it all in my mind and feel maybe I've taken the easy way out.  I dearly would love to continue fighting this unfair system but don't  feel well enough and it is affecting my health. The old way a doctor examined you and knew what he was doing was far better . 

So basically firstly can I continue my appeal or secondly accept things as they are for the next 5 years.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

Sometimes Tribunal hearings are adjourned if they don't have enough of evidence, if this happens they will ask you send medical evidence between certain dates.

As you signed and withdrew your appeal then i'm unsure if you can continue. I'd advise you to email HMCTS and ask them if you can continue.

Do be aware that PIP and DLA are different benefits with different criteria. PIP is about how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors, not about a diagnosis.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • familywoods
    Options
  • Stormin
    Stormin Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Welcome to the community I am stormin Norman  I hope you get support and we can all share ideas that will improves our lives
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hi @familywoods

Good Morning & Welcome.

I am one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

We have got some good info on here & I have posted it below for you!!!!!

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/challenging-PIP-or-other-benefits-decisions/

I do believe that as you have already signed & with drew your appeal you may need to start a new claim unfortunately.

Please please give them a phone to clarify this.

Once you have contacted them to see if this is the case please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with.

@steve51

• familywoods
    Options
    Many thanks I'm just happy then to leave it. I was so stressed I just signed the withdraw. I really don't want this hanging over my head.  I was so worried about losing my car. I will use this help platform for the future. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hello @familywoods   Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions.

Please if I can advise with any benefit assessment please try to get some help.

You do not mention illness or conditions or disability, but every one has a right to find support.

Often an organisation or society .

I have mental health issues and use the charities. I used these three.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.
    https://www.mind.org.uk.
    https://www.rethink.org.

The advantage of finding support with in any of these is to first floating support worker. Simple explanations of benefits systems, also advice, guidance and much anything else connected to mental health and well being.

More importantly will attend assessments and tribunals.  Speak up for you.

Please if you consider those if you have a mental health conditions do take clientele with additional disabilities as well mental health.

If you need anything else please ask . Please contact me if I can help. Give you any relevant organisations or associations connected with your illness.

Some have benefit advisors, welfare support.

Just an thought.

I am also just wanted to say lost my car on the Motability scheme. To give you reassurance and self esteem I do not miss it. Simply do a lot on line, order in every thing shopping, groceries and meds. Anything else delivered.

Use taxi often works out against costs of a car. Many taxi firms are aware of our community and are trying to be flexible.

Further to that use you standard rate of PIP to get about.  Saved a lot of money in petrol, carparking. Time getting stressed, most taxi can  go where a car can not. Park in the high street outside the bank, or Post office if there are restrictions.

Easy to do a lot in one afternoon or morning discuss this with taxi firms if you have to then a fare to pay seems not a lot.

One morning had appointments two and a barber visit, around £25 .  If I had done that by car the stress driving, carparking costs of fuel.  Something to think about.

Reckon saved around £40 a month on fuel and more.

One other point if you did lose your car Motability has a lot on its website, alternatives and lots of local schemes ideas and others aspects of getting about.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,016 Pioneering
    Options
    @familywoods What's more important to you? Your wellbeing or the extra money. If you were so stressed after the tribunal you withdrew your appeal I would imagine you were feeling pretty bad. Only you will know whether you can carry on with the appeal (if they allow it). 

• familywoods
    Options
    Many thanks thespiceman and Cressida.  I'm going to just let it go . Having made my decision I do feel better now. 
    Regards What a great forum  folks

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.