Assessment PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment PIP

lauralouise
lauralouise Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hello.  I received a letter 4 weeks ago from the DWP stating they now have everything they need but I have not heard anything since. Should I be worried.  It’s for my son not me.  Thanks

Comments

• lauralouise
    Hello.  I received a letter 4 weeks ago from the DWP stating they now have everything they need but I have not heard anything since. Should I be worried.  It’s for my son not me.  Thanks
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, have you requested a copy of the assessment report and on receiving it you can workout what you're award may should be but you still have to wait for the official award confirmation letter. The letter you received is a standard letter and your son's decision notification hopefully will be made shortly and it will be good news for Christmas. But having the assessment report to read will give you a heads up and time to prepare for an MR if the award is not what you expected, if you decide on a MR focus on the descriptiors which you thick your son should have scored points giving examples of what happened or happens when he tries or attempts the descriptors you are referring to. 
  • lauralouise
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,914 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

It's a standard letter sent to everyone but it doesn't mean anything at all. I often wonder why they bother to send them to be honest because it just makes people think they will receive a decision very soon but this doesn't always happen. It can still be between 2-8 weeks for a decision and it all depends on backlog in your area.

Ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger

Very best of luck @lauralouise. Please do let us know how you get on. :)

Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.