If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

New PIP application

rosielxrosielx Member Posts: 4 Listener
I've had Crohns and short bowel syndrome for 14 years. I also have spondylopathy and severely compressed leg nerves, anxiety and severe arthritis in one knee. I am a blue badge holder and wear a prescribed leg brace for bad knee.

A few years ago, before the spine problems, I tried to claim PIP and failed. I'm not working as I was bullied out of my last job years ago but I do voluntary work. I'm not eligible for any work related benefits.

I'm starting a new claim for PIP. I have registered with the NHS and have access to partial GP records. I have my hospital notes and mri scans and xrays from the hospital. This includes images of scans.

I just wondered if anyone has any advice. I dont know if I should send everything in and if I need to try and explain the scans and images?

I'm reaching a point where my health is getting worse. I find it hard to do some day to day tasks. I have no friends left because they couldn't cope with crohns and generally would like to see if I can have some financial support to help with my illness.

The blue badge was awarded recently, without assessment, but I'm not sure which medical condition meant I qualified.


  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,284 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome. Remember PIP is about your ability to manage cope in relation to the PIP descriptiors safely, repeatably and in a timely manner. PIP is not awarded on a diagnosis or illness or the amount of prescription drugs you are taking. So read the descriptors carefully before filling out the application forms or take a self test being honest with yourself as the answers you submitted in the application form will have to be justified at your F2F assessment. 
  • rosielxrosielx Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Ok. Thank you. It's such a horrible form to complete. I will look at the descriptors.
Sign in or join us to comment.