Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Trying to fit in.
Hello, so I have Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and am currently in my 10th year in education. An awful lot of my peers go outside into the big wide world and do various teenage activities like going into the city centre, going to restaurants, going to parties etc. I can't do any of that at the moment and I must admit, I'm struggling to fit in with a lot of friendship groups because I can't see anyone outside of school because I can't participate in the activity that they are interested in. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 699 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 925 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.