New member — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Options
TwistedSista
TwistedSista Community member Posts: 6 Connected
edited December 2019 in Start here and say hello!
Hi,I’d like to introduce myself,my username is twistedsista and this is my first message.I’m a mum to one child and have only been disabled for the last year and a half due to illness,but it will never define who I am!!I am a strong person,more so because of the disability and won’t let anything defeat me without a fight.Some days can be a struggle,but challenge me to think outside of the box to find ways around things I would usually take for granted that I could do.I would like to wish each and every one a Merry Christmas whether it’s with family,friends or you’re spending it on your own,from myself and mine ??❄️

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @TwistedSista - Welcome to this very supportive community. I love your introduction; I have problems, but don't consider myself 'disabled,' just someone that happens to have my disorder. Yes, you just have to find different ways to do/overcome things!
    Thank you so much for joining; I really appreciate your positive energy that you're sharing with us all. Thank you for your message....hope you enjoy your Christmas too.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @TwistedSista and wishing you a merry christmas too! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @TwistedSista and a warm welcome to the community. Christmas wishes to you too! How are you spending it this year?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • TwistedSista
    Options
    Hi Adrian nice to meet you,my friends call me Lynne..
    We're having a quiet one this year,just myself,my partner,my son and my deceased mums friend as her family didn't ask her and I wouldn't see anyone alone at Christmas. The theory is:-get her merry on fizz and she won't notice if I burn the sproots haha!!How about you a quiet one or a house full??Whichever one you have make it memorable but not by running up and down the street drunk in ya birthday suit!??
  • TwistedSista
    Options
    Hi Ami2301thank you for the warm welcome and I'm looking forward to many more chats with yourself and everyone else.??❄⛄
  • TwistedSista
    Options
    Hi chiarieds thank you for the warm welcome,I'm looking forward to chatting more with yourself and everyone else ??❄⛄
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @TwistedSista and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing your great introduction with us.  I love your spirit and wit!  I hope you have a fantastic Christmas too and I'm sure you won't burn your brussel sprouts, lol!  I look forward to seeing you on the forum.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @TwistedSista I’m Emma, one of the Community Champions who are here to help and advise. A warm welcome to the community. We’re all happy to help should you need anything. The community is a lovely bunch and it’s great to have you with us.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Definitely a quiet one and I'll try to keep my Christmas jumper on this year! :smiley:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.