New member — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

TwistedSista
TwistedSista Community member Posts: 6 Connected
edited December 2019 in Start here and say hello!
Hi,I’d like to introduce myself,my username is twistedsista and this is my first message.I’m a mum to one child and have only been disabled for the last year and a half due to illness,but it will never define who I am!!I am a strong person,more so because of the disability and won’t let anything defeat me without a fight.Some days can be a struggle,but challenge me to think outside of the box to find ways around things I would usually take for granted that I could do.I would like to wish each and every one a Merry Christmas whether it’s with family,friends or you’re spending it on your own,from myself and mine ??❄️

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @TwistedSista - Welcome to this very supportive community. I love your introduction; I have problems, but don't consider myself 'disabled,' just someone that happens to have my disorder. Yes, you just have to find different ways to do/overcome things!
    Thank you so much for joining; I really appreciate your positive energy that you're sharing with us all. Thank you for your message....hope you enjoy your Christmas too.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @TwistedSista and wishing you a merry christmas too! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @TwistedSista and a warm welcome to the community. Christmas wishes to you too! How are you spending it this year?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • TwistedSista
    Hi Adrian nice to meet you,my friends call me Lynne..
    We're having a quiet one this year,just myself,my partner,my son and my deceased mums friend as her family didn't ask her and I wouldn't see anyone alone at Christmas. The theory is:-get her merry on fizz and she won't notice if I burn the sproots haha!!How about you a quiet one or a house full??Whichever one you have make it memorable but not by running up and down the street drunk in ya birthday suit!??
  • TwistedSista
    Hi Ami2301thank you for the warm welcome and I'm looking forward to many more chats with yourself and everyone else.??❄⛄
  • TwistedSista
    Hi chiarieds thank you for the warm welcome,I'm looking forward to chatting more with yourself and everyone else ??❄⛄
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @TwistedSista and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing your great introduction with us.  I love your spirit and wit!  I hope you have a fantastic Christmas too and I'm sure you won't burn your brussel sprouts, lol!  I look forward to seeing you on the forum.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @TwistedSista I’m Emma, one of the Community Champions who are here to help and advise. A warm welcome to the community. We’re all happy to help should you need anything. The community is a lovely bunch and it’s great to have you with us.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Definitely a quiet one and I'll try to keep my Christmas jumper on this year! :smiley:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness