Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Anything I could do to help?
I am a carer for my 55 year old sister who has learning difficulties, I am 60 I live next door to her so I am always available , she lives with my ageing mum and dad who are finding it difficult to cope with her constant repetitive habits and her temperamental outbursts , I try and take her out from under there feet when possible ,but she has severe arthritis and can’t go very far , they are finding it very stressful to cope with her as they are both unwell and in there eighties, I have suggested it’s time for her to find accommodation on her own , she could manage with my help but my mum won’t hear of it ,so for now I just try and diffuse the very tense atmosphere that my sister creates ,just wondering if there is anything else I could to to make life easier , being the way my sister is she doesn’t like change she is very repetitive and quite argumentative
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 761 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.