Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

universal credit

kara1976kara1976 Member Posts: 4 Listener
I’ve been signed off work sick for 3 weeks,I’ve been in my job ten years so get full pay apart from the first 3 days,Iam a single parent so receive universal credit,do I have to tell them I’ve been signed off ? 
Thanx in advance 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Yes, you will need to report those changes on your journal.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • kara1976kara1976 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thanx poppy ! Universal credit is a mine field ! 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • chiariedschiarieds Member Posts: 7,959 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kara1976 - Welcome to this very supportive community, & thank you for joining. I'm pleased to see Poppy has helped you so quickly! If you have any other questions, please say.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,925

Scope community team

Hi @kara1976 and welcome to the community. When in doubt, it's best just to update them. 
    Technically, as you'll be receiving full pay it's not a huge deal but if (for example) it turns in to longer than 3 weeks or begins to impact your ability to work longer term, it's best they have a record of it. You'll be asked to report your fit note and take it to the JC to be verified. 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
    Thanku,I’ve informed then now but  my issue is my fit note has to be with my works head office in Nottingham so I can receive my full pay,got the drs tomorrow though so will ask re the chances of a copy 

Scope community team

Was your GP able to issue you with a copy of the fit note @kara1976? Hope you're getting on okay. 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
    Morning Adrian,
    managed to get duplicate sick notes,been signed off again for another 3 weeks but will hopefully be able to go bak after a few more sessions of physio,thanks for checking in with me.
    kind regards 
    kara 
  • evule1evule1 Member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi there. I've been supplying sick notes to job centre for last year and a bit and they haven't kept a single one. They just look at it and verify it on the system. So you shouldn't need duplicate. I was told by the advisor that they are no longer able to keep them. 

Scope community team

Good to hear you're getting on alright @kara1976, I'm glad the physio is working well for you. 

Thanks for that @evule1! I know some service centres take a copy and others just request to see it in person so they can mark off the dates. If the original has been sent to an employer or something, it's good to know a GP surgery can issue a copy. 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Sign in or join us to comment.