universal credit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

universal credit

Options
kara1976
kara1976 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I’ve been signed off work sick for 3 weeks,I’ve been in my job ten years so get full pay apart from the first 3 days,Iam a single parent so receive universal credit,do I have to tell them I’ve been signed off ? 
Thanx in advance 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

Yes, you will need to report those changes on your journal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kara1976
    Options
    Thanx poppy ! Universal credit is a mine field ! ??‍♀️
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @kara1976 - Welcome to this very supportive community, & thank you for joining. I'm pleased to see Poppy has helped you so quickly! If you have any other questions, please say.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @kara1976 and welcome to the community. When in doubt, it's best just to update them. 
    Technically, as you'll be receiving full pay it's not a huge deal but if (for example) it turns in to longer than 3 weeks or begins to impact your ability to work longer term, it's best they have a record of it. You'll be asked to report your fit note and take it to the JC to be verified. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • kara1976
    Options
    Thanku,I’ve informed then now but  my issue is my fit note has to be with my works head office in Nottingham so I can receive my full pay,got the drs tomorrow though so will ask re the chances of a copy 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Was your GP able to issue you with a copy of the fit note @kara1976? Hope you're getting on okay. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • kara1976
    Options
    Morning Adrian,
    managed to get duplicate sick notes,been signed off again for another 3 weeks but will hopefully be able to go bak after a few more sessions of physio,thanks for checking in with me.
    kind regards 
    kara 
  • evule1
    evule1 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Hi there. I've been supplying sick notes to job centre for last year and a bit and they haven't kept a single one. They just look at it and verify it on the system. So you shouldn't need duplicate. I was told by the advisor that they are no longer able to keep them. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Good to hear you're getting on alright @kara1976, I'm glad the physio is working well for you. 

Thanks for that @evule1! I know some service centres take a copy and others just request to see it in person so they can mark off the dates. If the original has been sent to an employer or something, it's good to know a GP surgery can issue a copy. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.