Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is becci1005!
Hello there, I am 22 years old and have Central Core Myopathy, Scoliosis repair, Bi Lateral Femoral Shortening and Complex PTSD. I have 2 children 1 of whom recently underwent her surgery for bi-lateral hip dysplasia and is in her spica, which they believe may be linked to my genetic condition. Im just wondering if others out their have had children with the same or similar problems to then due to genetics and the subsequent emotions that come with it all... I feel very alone, I dont have many friends and certainly none who understand. Thank you.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.