Disability aids, equipment and technology
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Induction Loop

BMLBML Member Posts: 3 Listener

I am a reasonably fit 83 year old male with practically no hearing in my left ear and only about 30% in the right ear and am obviously very reliant on a hearing aid. I watch more TV than is good for me especially in the middle of the night when my type two diabetes causes me to wake up and so I reply upon subtitles heavily.  Regrettably the requirements to add subtitles are not very high and many TV program providers don’t add them.  I used to be able to rely upon a very effective Induction Loop system but that has gone.

My elderly Panasonic TV started to lose subtitles last year especially on BBC so it had to go which was a pity because the Bellman Induction Loop which was connected to the TV by Scart connections was very effective.

It was not until I had bought and set up a new Panasonic TV that I found that it did not have Scart connections because Panasonic had started to use HDMI connections so my Induction Loop was stuffed.  I went back and asked the staff at PCWorld Currys uk for advice but they thought that their job was selling not understanding the equipment that they sold. I then commenced a period of asking all sorts of organisation how I could sort out my old Induction Loop and I received much expensive advice that led me to buy a number of converters none of which worked.

By that stage I had reached the conclusion that perhaps the old Induction Loop was Analogue and the new Panasonic was Digital.  During that time various types of Induction Loop were suggested but when I looked into them I found that I required additional pieces of equipment so I have come to this forum in the hope that there will be people who could advise me.

Many thanks in advance,

Brian L            

Replies

Sign in or join us to comment.