ESA underpayment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA underpayment

kellyjacks
kellyjacks Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I was wondering if anyone can update me on the esa underpayment my mum passed away and I was notified by esa by letter I have filled all their info the needed and the contacted me back by letter Ann told me my mum
was underpaid and that being her only next of kin I would be entitled to the back payment I sent my bank detail back to them and haven’t heard anything can anyone help and tell me how long it takes as all this situation has brought me so much heartache again due to my mum no longer being here and knowing that she was underpaid all this time form 2011
thanks you for any help

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

I'm sorry you're going through all of this, it must be very stressful indeed.

It can take 20 weeks because backlogs are huge. Have they told you, that she was definitely underpaid and have you received an official decision letter with a breakdown of all the details?

If she was definitely underpaid then i'd advise you to ring ESA to ask what's happening because they are the only ones that can tell you when you'll receive the money that was owed to her.

Good luck and i hope you'll be able to get this sorted soon.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kellyjacks
    kellyjacks Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    No I haven’t received a break down yet just received letter sayin due to my passing and I being her next of kin she was entitled to underpayment after answering all the questions previously on phone and by letter and they asked for my bank details and this was at beginning of dec 2019
  • poppy123456
    All you can do is ring and ask. I do know that backlogs are huge and they will have increased further because of the Christmas and new year closing days.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Lljr83
    Lljr83 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    @kellyjacks have you heard back yet I’m also waiting x
  • charm111
    charm111 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hello did anyone receive an outcome? I’ve also sent the letter back and waiting x
  • poppy123456
    charm111 said:
    Hello did anyone receive an outcome? I’ve also sent the letter back and waiting x

This thread is more than 3 years old and the member hasn't been active for all that time. Therefore you may not get a reply.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.