Claiming — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


pjgumna Member Posts: 16 Listener
edited January 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone,
I'm new here so it would be nice to speak with people who understand. 

I was diagnosed 5 years ago with complex post traumatic stress disorder, anxiety and depression. Mainly due to my experience of being in a war zone in Libya for almost 5 years. 
I've tried to work but I have terrible relapses where I am virtually incapacitated due to all my symptoms. 
I am now on universal credit and would like to know if I am entitled to PIP.
My GP has told me that I am now classed as having a mental health disability. Is this correct?



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.