PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Fibromyalgia

subo48subo48 Member Posts: 1 Listener
I have just had my letter for my review of my pip that I had for 2 years but last year was diagnosed with this horrible chronic fibromyalgia I'm petrified there going to stop it I suffer with depression and anxiety along with this any advice

Replies

• subo48subo48 Member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi all 
    Wondering if I can get advice I had pip for 2 years but in between this I bern diagnosed with fibromyalgia I'm scared of going for review in case I get it stopped the pain is getting unbearable
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

When you fill out those forms you'll need to put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Even though it's a review, you should treat it as a new claim.

Do be aware that PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.

You should send relevant evidence with the form to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this. Expect another face to face assessment because most people have them.

If you need extra time to return the form you can ring DWP and they'll give you an extra 14 days. Good luck.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • chiariedschiarieds Community champion Posts: 6,895 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi & welcome @subo48 - Thank you for joining the community. As far as your pain goes, have you discussed this with your GP?
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,662 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @subo48 and a very warm welcome to the community, I hope the information above is helpful, is there anything further we can do to help? :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
Sign in or join us to comment.