Fibromyalgia — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fibromyalgia

Options
subo48
subo48 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have just had my letter for my review of my pip that I had for 2 years but last year was diagnosed with this horrible chronic fibromyalgia I'm petrified there going to stop it I suffer with depression and anxiety along with this any advice

Comments

• subo48
    subo48 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi all 
    Wondering if I can get advice I had pip for 2 years but in between this I bern diagnosed with fibromyalgia I'm scared of going for review in case I get it stopped the pain is getting unbearable
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

When you fill out those forms you'll need to put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Even though it's a review, you should treat it as a new claim.

Do be aware that PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.

You should send relevant evidence with the form to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this. Expect another face to face assessment because most people have them.

If you need extra time to return the form you can ring DWP and they'll give you an extra 14 days. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi & welcome @subo48 - Thank you for joining the community. As far as your pain goes, have you discussed this with your GP?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @subo48 and a very warm welcome to the community, I hope the information above is helpful, is there anything further we can do to help? :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.