Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, looking for some advice please. Started my job at the local authority back in June and in December they advised me they would be extending my probation because of my sickness absence level; sickness absence caused by my disability and pain levels. I have been informed that my employer can’t use my disability on my sickness record but they state they can? On top of this the general treatment I am getting from management and HR is disgusting and I really feel discriminated against by their treatment and their actions. I am in communication with my union and am going to try and get in touch with ACAS, but wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestions please. Really appreciate it!
- 54K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 154 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 792 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 265 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.6K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 687 Chronic pain and pain management
- 705 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 760 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.