More support in school — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

More support in school

abejoe
abejoe Community member Posts: 2 Listener
 I am in the process of applying for a  EHCP review ,and  am not  getting much help from the school and  want to see how I can move things  forward. I want to ask for  more ie  1:1 support for him within the  resource provision that he is  at . I also want to get a speech and language team  funded support  and see if he can get sensory needs  funding as this is  non existent in the area  .
Is this possible ? 
My son has a diagnosis of    autism and sensory processing  disorder  and is 6 year old in  Year 1
Many thanks 
Abe

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @abejoe

Good Afternoon & Welcome.

I am one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

I will forward your post onto my good friend Adrian who is an expert in this field.

@Adrian_Scope
    Can you please help me out this post????

@steve51
  • abejoe
    abejoe Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    that that is excellent . 
    Many thanks 
    grateful you responded this quick . 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @abejoe.
    It can be incredibly frustrating not to get your child the support they need at school. We've been struggling with ours for years and due to various budget cuts, funding and a lack of resources we've been continually let down. However, I think you are doing the right thing in looking at your options.
    We have some information about the avenues that are available to you on our website's EHCP section. Do you have a good relationship with the school's SENCO? Does your son's teacher recognise and appreciate your concerns or are you finding them to be a bit of a barrier?
    If you'd rather talk this through, you can always give our helpline a call on 0808 800 3333.

Let us know how you get on. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.