Any members been to a UC tribunal? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any members been to a UC tribunal?

topaz64
topaz64 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I wondered if any members have been to a tribunal for universal credit 
as I am going next month for fit for work

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope. Quite a few of our members have attended a Tribunal for this reason but someone else's case will be totally different to yours because you never get 2 people the same.

Whether you're entitled to limited capability for work will totally depend on how your conditions affect your ability to do any type of work and this is what they will look at. You will be asked questions based on how your conditions affect you in a typical day. You will need to answer the questions in your own words, unless you have an appointee and then they will be able to answer them on your behalf.

Sometimes it's not possible for them to make a decision on the day, if this happens they will write to you within a couple of days but it doesn't mean anything other than a decision couldn't be made on that day.

Are you taking someone with you? This will help you with any anxiety you maybe feeling on the day.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • topaz64
    topaz64 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Yes I have got a housing officer coming with me
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @topaz64! I wish you the best of luck with this and please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.