Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Can’t work at the moment due to chronic pain
Hi I am in chronic pain and finally now I have see a hip consultant December 2019 which I am glad and I am having a procedure on the 31st of this month not long now to go under general anaesthetic. I am having an injection put into my hip joint with local anaesthetic and steroid and fingers cross that helps my pain to go, I have also got chronic neck pain but that’s due to my posture not straight. I am off work due to my chronic pain and been off since September 2019 and still off. I’ve had meetings with my manager to discuss my health and in December 2019 I had a occupational health assement on the phone and when I saw my manager Friday just gone we went through it and need another occupational health phone call assessment. When I next see my manager we are going through the occupational health report and how the procedure went, then I will either have my job, or I will be dismissed on ill health grounds.
- 49.2K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 656 Work and employment
- 525 Education
- 964 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 924 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 244 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 248 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.4K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 585 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 702 Autism and neurodiversity
- 840 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.